First you need to go where your customers are or hang out and you can do so by advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. In addition, you can also use some of the customer acquisition methods below:
1. Customer Acquisition Methods
(i). Google Adwords Campaigns – Hire an expert to run the campaigns on your behalf.
(ii).. Facebook Ad Campaigns – Hire an expert or learn how to run the campaigns yourself
In addition avoid these Facebook Ad mistakes and conduct an audit to see how those campaigns are doing.
(iii).. Organic Search Engine Optimization(SEO) this could take up to 90 days or more for you to gather enough data and see results. Again hire an expert to assist you.
(iv). Send out time and quantity based offers using Snap and Instagram stories. You can do this yourself(DIY)
(v). Build an email list and send offers to them from time to time. Remember you don’t own data that’s in your social media profiles or accounts.
(i).. For brick-and-mortar business use premise signage or flags that’s in front and inside your business directing prospective customers. To come in and take some action you want them to take. You can do this yourself(DIY).
(ii). Use of Facebook Live videos streamed from your business premises that showcases your products and services to your existing and prospective customers.
You can do this yourself(DIY)
(iii). Use Periscope to stream Twitter videos from business premises again showcasing your products and services to your existing and prospective customers.
You can do this yourself(DIY)
(iv) Build an email list and send offers to them from time to time. You can do this yourself(DIY).
2. Have either a fast mobile responsive website or an app, provide a one-click pay option and offer several payment options like Apple Pay, Paypal etc.
3. Reduce cart abandonment which can go as high as 70% by engaging with the customer before they leave your website. One way is to use discount ladders mentioned in tip 5.
4. Offer consumer credit for expensive items. Two examples of consumer credit are Paypal credit and plugin for retailer mobile apps called SyPi(Synchrony Plug-In)
5. Do offer coupons and discounts to be used towards purchases. For instance if customers don’t take you on these offers reach out to them later with variants of those discounts.
One method to use here is what’s called discount ladder where you reach using during a 30 day, 45 day or 60 day period each time increasing the discount to the maximum you can afford.
6. For local businesses especially offer free return shipping for your merchandise to reduce friction on the part of shoppers.
7. Don’t compete on price and convenience alone if you are a local business but also strive to provide a great digital experience for your shoppers.
Listen to this podcast episode on why local businesses need to avoid competing on price and convenience featuring Mike Blumenthal, Co-Founder of GatherUp on my podcast
Finally implement a robust review system and leverage customer feedback to come up with better business decisions.
You have a choice:
1. If you are the DIY type and want to run your own Facebook campaign good luck you can learn it here –https://academy.compumagickassociates.com/course/details/facebook-ad-management-course
2. On the other hand you prefer to do the things you like best that’s run your business. Then hire us as experts to do it for you site back and enjoy the profits we would bring you.
This post was written by Gordon Fletcher, Principal Consultant(Engineering & Mobile Technology) at Compumagick Associates can be reached athttps://www.compumgickassociates.com/contact, @compumagick